We won two of three major races for State Supreme Court with Craig Doran winning in the 7th District (Cayuga, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne and Yates counties) and Gretchen Walsh in the 9th District (Dutchess, Putnam, Orange, Rockland and Westchester counties).
We won two of three local judicial races, Brenda Freedman in Erie County and Victoria Campbell in Orange County. We also picked up Pat Russo as Rensselaer County Sheriff plus a few local seats in Nassau and Saratoga counties.
Vote against mailings were successful in three of four races, Senate District 52, Monroe county and part of Nassau county.
All in all, not bad. It is also a heck of a lot more than anyone else did. Telling people to go vote only works if there are candidate recommendations and coming up with those requires a lot more effort than simply writing self-aggrandizing e-mail solicitations.
Endorsements and a special election voting guide for Tuesday’s general elections are on the PVF website.
Unlike some people, I don’t make grandiose statements with no follow through just for fundraising appeals. I point to specific actions taken in support of 2A rights including, but not limited to:
- NYSRPA Political Victory Fund endorses Amos Goodman for Suffolk Co. Legislature
- NYSRPA Political Victory Fund endorses Rockland Co. Sheriff Louis Falco for re-election
- Gwen Johnson stands up to special interests
- NYSRPA Political Victory Fund endorses Paul Czajka for Columbia County District Attorney
- Neddo secures New York State Rifle and Pistol Association endorsement