Background checks for ammunition purchases goes into effect today. From what I’ve been hearing it’s a dumpster fire. I have been told they want make, model and serial number plus other personal things like SSN with wait times upwards of 40 minutes to approve the sale.
In addition two local courts have ruled against New York’s so-called “red flag” laws and supporters are seriously worried they’re next on the chopping block.
Reporting at the Long Island Press identifies 3 candidates running for Nassau Co. Legislature this fall attended this dog-and-pony show: Alexis Pace, District #4, Seth Koslow, District #5 and Weihua Yan, District #10. Vote for their opponents no matter who they are.
- Biden Administration Proposes Expanding Background Checks on Gun Sales
- NRA says Biden admin’s proposal for more firearms background checks is an attack on law-abiding gun owners
- Governor Hochul Marks One-Year Anniversary of the Implementation of Stronger Gun Safety Laws in New York State
- Hochul marks 1-year anniversary of New York state’s stricter gun safety laws
- ICYMI: Stefanik Published OpEd in The Glens Falls Chronicle: Biden Education chief sought to defund shooting sports classes in schools; yields to outcry
- State police preparing to take over gun background checks
- Sen. Walczyk calls fees for ammunition, firearm background checks ‘ridiculous and unconstitutional’
- Manktelow: NY Not Providing Answers to Gun Law Changes
- North country gun shop owner critical of new requirements
I don’t know if this is a sign of things to come, but I have been seeing campaign signs for Republican candidates already in Columbia, Dutchess and Ulster counties. No Democrats yet. This is a bit earlier than usual. Awhile back I saw an advertisement from a GOP-leaning PAC awhile back for a political tracker, presumably to follow Pat Ryan in NY18. I don’t know if this means the Republicans are getting their shit together or if it’s just a coincidence. I have also been getting an increase in spam from GOP candidates from all over the country looking for donations.
- Lawmakers urge Supreme Court to keep domestic violence gun law
- Catholic Bishops Ask Supreme Court to Uphold Gun Bans in Domestic Violence Cases
- Attorney General James Takes Action to Prevent Domestic Abusers from Accessing Guns
- Court battle brews over NY law that lets judges bar gun access for those who pose danger
- New York gun owners grapple with new background check fees for ammunition purchases
- Stefanik Leads Letter to Governor Hochul Over New York State Law’s Open Assault on Gun Owners’ Constitutional Rights
- GOP support for gun restrictions slips a year after Congress passed firearms law
- Do Gun-Control Groups Care What Really Causes Mass Shootings? Everytown Lawsuit Says No
- Gays Against Guns, parents of Parkland victim meet at NYC AIDS Memorial
- Senator Borrello Urges Governor Hochul to Exempt NYS Youth Trap Teams from NYSNICS