S-6659, Provides that the legislative body of the county of Westchester shall fix the fee to be charged for a license to carry or possess a pistol or revolver and provide for the disposition of such fees, has passed the Senate. Companion A-7939 has been Reported and referred to Ways & Means.
- Court rules California ban on under-21 gun sales unconstitutional
- Ahead of Supreme Court Gun Ruling, Adams ‘Very Concerned’ as City Hall Mulls Options
- Eric Adams ‘very concerned’ about SCOTUS ruling that could lift NY open carry ban
- New York officials prepare for worst as Supreme Court gun ruling looms
- A Right to Conceal and Carry?
- Supermarket Shooting Suspect’s Alleged Manifesto Says He Chose Buffalo Because of Strict Gun Control Laws
- Gubernatorial candidates react to Buffalo mass shooting
- GOA Issues Statement After Buffalo Shooting
- Pelosi says Senate remains hurdle in passing gun bill after Buffalo shooting
From her presser:
“… On Tuesday in Albany, we had already planned to be announcing a comprehensive gun package to address further loopholes that exist in our laws …”
From the presser:
“… “We must get ghost guns out of our communities, and those that manufacture them must be shut down,” said Mayor Adams. “Polymer80’s entire business operation presents a clear and present danger to public safety through New York and the entire country — not only selling guns, but also marketing an entire lifestyle brand that celebrates violence and lawlessness. As mayor of the largest city in America, a former police officer, and co-chair of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, I have a message for Polymer80: We will not surrender our city to a violent few. No one is above the law. And the law is coming for you.” …”
- Potential special election for Congressional seat burdens boards of elections
- NY governor race heats up as Harry Wilson slams Lee Zeldin
- Ryder Kessler, Open New York candidate, takes on Deborah Glick in Assembly Democratic primary
- Guns for Gift Cards: Mayor’s Office to Reduce Gun Violence Joins Call to Return Firearms at AG James’ Syracuse Gun Buyback Program
- Erie County pistol permit transactions up 41%, as gun homicides rise
Some rumor-mongering: Westchester is planning on sending letters to all pistol license holders saying to ignore any restrictions on their licenses post SCOTUS 2A ruling.
A-837B, Requires the creation and imposition of restrictive commercial practices and stringent recordkeeping and reporting to prevent gun and ammunition sales to individuals with a criminal record, has been amended and resubmitted to Economic Development. Out of sync with companion S-8780.
This week’s legislative agenda:
- S-4284, Relates to allowing the possession and sale of electronic dart guns and electronic stun guns for self-defense. Companion A-3236.
- A-8102A, Requires the court to order the search for and immediate seizure of firearms, rifles, or shotguns when a defendant willfully refuses to surrender such firearms, rifles or shotguns. Companion S-6363A.