A-6762A, Relates to the dangers to the safety and health of the public caused by the sale, manufacturing, importing and marketing of firearms, has been amended and resubmitted to Economic Development. Companion to S-1048A.
Niagara County Legislator Mike Hill has introduced a resolution to create a gun owner’s rights advisory panel to help promote safe, legal gun ownership in Niagara County and work with gun owners to address issues they may have. The panel would be comprised of local gun owners who can make recommendations to the County Legislature for resolutions and local laws, and make suggestions on process improvements within county government.
The resolution will be taken up at the next meeting of the County Legislature on April 20 @ 6:00pm, Niagara County Courthouse, 175 Hawley St. in Lockport.
NYAGV was discussing this bill during their Zoom meeting before I got booted off. Multiple statement made by legislators and politicos over the last two years or so leads me to believe that their next big target, after the ghost guns bugaboo dies down, is some sort of manufacturer and dealer liability legislation.
- ‘Steps that will save lives:’ Schumer releases statement on new gun control actions
- Schumer urges DOJ to take action on ghost guns
- Maloney Praises Biden-Harris Executive Actions on Gun Safety
- Nadler & Jackson Lee Applaud President Biden’s Executive Actions on Gun Violence
- Stefanik statement on President Biden’s gun control orders
- Public Advocate applauds federal action to combat gun violence
- DA Rocah and Moms Demand Action host “Road trip for background checks” in White Plains
- WNY Activists Take In Biden Gun Violence Plan
- Shootings are up in Buffalo. But unsolved cases are leading some to arm themselves
Best commentary I have seen on President Biden’s gun control proposals.
I’ve seen a lot of nonsense over the years on how legislation moves in Albany, but this is a new one.
State budget bills are supposed to only include appropriations. Governor Cuomo tried including a proposal to drop the age to 12 to hunt wildlife with a gun in EnCon bill A-3008C/S-2508C. That was removed when the bill was amended last week. What passed in a different bill A-3005C/S-2505C was a 2-year pilot program for 12 year olds to hunt deer only with a gun north of Westchester. They stuck that under criminal justice and public safety of all places. Never saw that before.
- An important right-to-carry case, and another close look at a Sixth Circuit decision granting habeas relief
- New York Attorney General Says NRA Boss Kept Board in Dark on Planned Bankruptcy
- Alaska joins 15 states in fighting New York’s attempt to shut down the NRA
- NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Accused of Using Bankruptcy to Duck Finance Probe
- NRA Ch. 11 Is Bid To Keep ‘Stranglehold’ On Org, NY AG Says
- More than 100 lawmakers call on Biden to regulate weapon used in Colorado shooting
- Is Biden Missing His Chance on Guns?
- Gillibrand Joins Bicameral Push For Gun Records Restoration And Preservation Act To Strengthen Efforts To Prevent Gun Violence
- Statement from State Senator Anna M. Kaplan On News of President Biden’s Planned Actions on Ghost Guns
- Chemung County Sheriff’s Office resumes pistol permit classes