The Niagara County Legislature passed a resolution IL-068-19 expressing their opposition to state legislation A-1413 and S-6738 prohibiting gun raffles at the last meeting of the county board on October 15th.
- Shooters group sponsors candidate forum
- Who is Gary Lavine? Conservative DA candidate is on a mission to oust Fitzpatrick
The bill relates to possession of unfinished frames by persons other than a gunsmith. The meat of the bill is this:
“UNFINISHED FRAME OR RECEIVER” MEANS A FRAME OR RECEIVER OF A FIREARM, RIFLE OR SHOTGUN WHOSE FIRE-CONTROL CAVITY IS COMPLETELY SOLID AND UN-MACHINED, AND WHICH MAY READILY BE MADE INTO A FUNCTIONAL FRAME OR RECEIVER THROUGH MILLING, DRILLING OR OTHER MEANS AND INCLUDES ANY OTHER OBJECT, PART OR COMBINATION OF PARTS WHICH IS NOT A FUNCTIONAL FRAME OR RECEIVER BUT IS DESIGNED OR INTENDED TO BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE AND CAN BE READILY MADE INTO A FUNCTIONAL FRAME OR RECEIVER.
Back in the spring I reported that the NSSF hired Park Strategies to represent them in Albany. I stated, “[NSSF] would get more action by dumping a bag of money off the balcony into the Well of the LOB than having Park Strategies on retainer.”
According to the reports file during the May/June period Park lobbied Senators Brian Kavanaugh and George Amedore on bill S-6151. That’s it for the entire session. Park charged $6000 per month plus expenses for just this. Contrast that to the scores of people Everytown contacted in both chambers plus the executive branch on the same bill.
Park’s semi-annual report also says they sent a “Communication to the entire legislature” on bills A-763, A-1251, A-2690, S-1414, S-2277 and S-2374. That’s a fancy way of saying they sent a letter in the mail or by courier. Legislators get tons of crap like that. It’s not the same as having a face-to-face sit down. Those aren’t hard to get, just call the office and make an appointment. I know as I’ve done it before. Meanwhile Everytown and NYAGV were busy meeting with the actual electeds and promoting other gun control bills as well. If someone were paying me $6K+ per month I’d go around to each office and not try phoning it in.
- Chairman Nadler Statement for the Hearing on “Protecting America from Assault Weapons”
- Jacobs blasts bill banning gun raffles in New York State
- Council votes to bust ‘ghost guns’ — pass bill to outlaw frames, receivers needed to create homemade pistols
- Sparks fly at assault-weapons ban hearing on Capitol Hill, ex-cop vows she would ‘not comply’
- Peace & Love: Officials, gun control advocates sign panel from Woodstock stage to promote togetherness
Seneca County S.C.O.P.E. 2019 General Election Candidates’ Night, Tuesday, September 24 @ 7:00 pm, VFW Post #6433, 29 W. Elisha Street, Waterloo.
- U.S. Supreme Court Schedules NRA-Supported Second Amendment Case for Argument
- AG James Pumps Brakes On Online “Ghost Gun” Sellers, Orders Cease And Desist Of Sales Into New York
- NY lawmakers say ‘ghost guns’ need to be regulated
- Cuomo makes case for state’s ‘red flag’ law
- AG orders ghost gun companies to stop selling assault weapons in New York