Some shameless self promotion, “Gun Storage – 25 Experts Share The Most Common Mistakes.“
The state budget is weeks late and that has been holding up action on other issues. It appears they will finalize it soon and a bunch of gun bills have either been amended and/or companions introduced over the last few days. I believe they will start taking them up right after the budget bills are passed.
Lead hunting ammo bill moving
- Second Amendment Scholar Challenges Gun Control Narrative, Says It Increases Racial Bias In Criminal Justice
- Mayor Brown visits D.C. to discuss gun reform at AAMA conference and with President Biden
- Gun violence state of emergency extended for ninth time by Mayor Evans
- New Yorkers Against Gun Violence executive director talks crime hearing
Lead hunting ammo bill moving
A-2084A, Prohibits the use of lead ammunition in the taking of wildlife on wildlife management areas, state forests, forest preserves, state parks or any other state-owned land that is open for hunting and on land contributing surface water to the New York City water supply, has been amended and is on the Assembly EnCon agenda for Tuesday April 18 @ 12:00pm.
Pat Fahy promoting her liability law
County judge rules “red flag” unconstitutional
Orange County Judge Craig S. Brown has ruled the state’s “red flag” law unconstitutional.
- Albany County Legislature, Sheriff launch illegal gun tip line with advertisement campaign on CDTA buses
- Biden concedes he is powerless to respond on guns without Congress taking any action
- Local lawmakers weigh in on gun control, Gov. Hochul’s proposals
- New York receives A- score on Annual Gun Law Scorecard
- Average New Yorkers selling ghost guns as side hustle: Queens DA
- Rochester personal defense group educates students on firearm safety
- Let’s get organized on guns and ‘deal with mass shootings beforehand,’ ex-NYPD commish
- ‘Enough is enough.’ Long Islanders rally outside Rep. D’Esposito’s office to call for safer gun laws
Victim and Good Samaritan Prevent Man from Stealing Car in Henrietta
“… On April 1, 2023, at 2:25 p.m., Monroe County Sheriff’s deputies responded to Delta Sonic at 2970 West Henrietta Road in the Town of Henrietta, for the report of a man with a gun. Upon arriving, the deputies discovered a man entered the victim’s vehicle while he was outside the vehicle preparing to pump gas. The suspect drove away from the pumps with the victim’s wife in the passenger seat, yelling for the suspect to stop. The victim ran after the car and drew his legally owned handgun, attempting to stop the suspect. The man stopped the vehicle while struggling with the victim’s wife and the victim could open the driver’s door. The suspect then drove in reverse while pinning and dragging the victim with the vehicle. He drove forward and crashed into another vehicle. A witness to the incident helped detain the suspect while the victim held the suspect at gunpoint. Deputies identified the man as Keith S. Dobles, 33, of Irondequoit and took him in to custody …”