NYAGV exploitation FAIL

Fred Dicker upset New Yorkers Against Gun Violence today on his radio show. They tried to exploit it:

“Fred Dicker, host of “Live from the State Capitol” on Talk 1300 AM, should apologize for his comments today calling the tragic Sandy Hook shootings a “little convenient massacre.”

Twenty school children and six educators were shot and killed during the shootings in December, 2012.

NYAGV’s Executive Director, Leah Gunn Barrett, stated, “The massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary was a heartbreaking tragedy for the 26 families that lost their loved ones and for the nation as a whole. For Fred Dicker to call such an event “convenient” is shocking. Mr. Dicker should issue an immediate on-air apology to the Newtown families who lost children and loved ones on that life changing morning last December. Until he takes that step, we are calling on advertisers to stand in solidarity with the families of Newtown by boycotting media outlets that give Mr. Dicker a platform for such hateful comments including the New York Post and Talk1300AM.”

Barrett added, “Gun violence takes thousands of lives every year, causing unspeakable heartbreak and grief for families. No matter what your politics, these victims deserve our respect and support, and we as a society cannot stand idly by when their tragedies are instead offered derision and disdain.”

Their phoney indignation was caught by CapCon:

SD-41 candidate forum with Coughlan and Rolison

Declared SD-41 candidates Jim Coughlan and Rob Rolison speaking at last Thursdays forum at the DCPA. The event was hosted by Senator Greg Ball and NYSRPA.

NYAGV public relations stunt

New Yorkers Against Gun Violence appears to be trying some sort of public relations stunt in the form of an op-ed, “SAFE Act protects public safety“, which has been circulated to several local newspapers in the western part of the state.

It won’t go over well with the public.

Legislative Report #11

Legislative Report #11 is now online.

The state legislature returns for regular sessions on Monday, January 13.

Mayor Warren should be comforted by SAFE

The new Mayor of Rochester Lovely Warren wants armed security:

“… Warren has made the decision to employ an armed personal security detail. The two-man team will be on call 24/7 to guard the Mayor and provide transportation to and from her home …”

The hypocrisy must be exposed:

Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren’s decision to surround herself with an armed security detail 24/7 demonstrates the fraudulent nature of the citizen disarmament movement.

As a long time supporter of gun control dating back to her time in the Rochester City Council, last year she spoke out in favor of New York’s so-called SAFE Act stating:

“The New York SAFE Act brings a sense of comfort to many families across this state. Those families, like mine, have said not here, not anymore.”

If Mayor Warren really believes this, then there is no legitimate reason for her to have armed security because the SAFE Act makes her becoming a victim of violent crime impossible.

The New York State Rifle & Pistol Association calls upon Mayor Warren to dismiss her security and live with the same sense of comfort she advocated for city residents.

Big difference from last year

Last year Governor Cuomo went nuts with gun control in his State of the State address.  This year all we got was this:

“… We said we would make New York Safer and we did.  We passed common sense gun reform with the New York SAFE Act. …”

Doesn’t sound very enthusiastic does he?

Legislation to be proud of

McCarthy retiring

The wicked witch of Nassau is going to retire:

“Senior Democratic aides say two House Democrats — Carolyn McCarthy of New York and Mike McIntyre of North Carolina — plan to retire.  McCarthy, who has served nine terms, was elected shortly after her husband was killed in a shooting on the Long Island Railroad. She has been a forceful advocate for gun control …”

She has cancer.  In spite of smoking like a chimney for like 40 years, she claims asbestos exposure is the cause.  I say it’s karma.

Bloomberg keeping busy

Former Mayor Mike is keeping himself busy:

“In his first big donation as a private citizen, former Mayor Michael Bloomberg gave $2.5 million of his personal fortune to a superPAC that is helping Democratic Senators maintain their majority … The donation from the billionaire was made to the Senate Majority PAC … The PAC is run by former aides to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and was founded in 2011.  “Mike Bloomberg and Senator Reid worked closely together over the last several years on issues that matter to New Yorkers, most especially around the Sandy Aid package and gun safety measures,” ex-Deputy Mayor Howard Wolfson explained of the donation …”

Cuomo on court ruling