Through some sleazy legislation, Governor Kathy Hochul has replaced Brain Benjamin as her Lt. Governor and replaced him with Congressman Antonio Delgado.
He is not supportive of 2A rights. Some examples:
- Antonio Named a Moms Demand Action “Gun Sense Candidate”
- Rep. Antonio Delgado Applauds Passage of H.R. 8
- Delgado Joins Moms Demand Action for Conversation on Commonsense, Bipartisan Measures to Address Gun Violence
- Moms, Delgado: Responsible gun ownership route to curbing violence
- Rep. Delgado calls GOP inaction on gun control ‘naked corruption’
So his appointment does not make anything bettor or worse for the gubernatorial ticket.
I believe his abandoning his Congressional seat puts Marc Molinaro in a much better position to claim it for the GOP. His record on guns has been generally supportive, but after his ’18 gubernatorial run I would not trust him.