The special election for NYC Public Advocate will be this Tuesday.
Gotham Gazette has a list of the nearly two dozen candidates running in the non-partisan election. Because of the number of candidates one could win with a small plurality of votes. The office itself is vaguely defined and has little actual power, but can be used as a soapbox and springboard for higher office as Letitia James did. For this reason gun owners should make the best voting decision with the materials given.
Going down the list, vote AGAINST these candidates in order:
- Jumaane Williams – antigun ideologue
- Daniel O’Donnell and Ron Kim – voted for SAFE Act plus other gun control legislation in Albany
- Michael Blake and Latrice Walker – voted for gun control legislation in Albany
- Melissa Mark-Viverito – voted for gun control legislation in City Council
- Rafael Espinal, Ydanis Rodriguez and Eric Ulrich – voted for gun control legislation in City Council
Victory shall be defined as Jumaane Williams losing. He’s easily the worst of the bunch on 2A.
The rest of the candidates do not have public positions on guns that I’m aware of.