“Manhattan Councilman Dan Garodnick is talking with former political leaders, Democratic consultants, and donors about whether they would back his candidacy for mayor, political sources said … Sources close to the pol, whose term ends next January, said he is “50-50” about challenging the mayor in September’s primary …”
Garodnick has sponsored the following bills and resolutions during his time on the City Council:
- Int 0240-2006 – Penalties associated with the sale of toy guns.
- Int 0362-2006 – A Local Law to amend the administrative code of the City of New York, in relation to a gun offender registry.
- Int 0365-2006 – Banning firearms, rifles, or shotguns that are colored so as to appear to be toy guns.
- Res 0821-2011 – Close the background check loophole at gun shows by establishing a background check procedure for all firearms sold at gun shows. (H.R.591/S.35)
- Res 1171-2011 – Supporting S.1973, the Gun Trafficking Prevention Act of 2012.
This records makes him slightly better than Tony Avella. So the new order of preference for candidates in a Democrat primary is:
- Anyone not Bill de Blasio.
- Anyone not Tony Avella.
- Anyone not Dan Garodnick.