Here is text of the resolution IL-006-19.
- Trump threatens to veto gun bills pushed by Democrats
- Rep. Antonio Delgado Applauds Passage of H.R. 8
- Bill could expand shooting ranges on public land: Conners
- Brindisi talks reproductive rights, Amazon, guns and social security at town hall in Rome
- Cuomo signs ‘red flag’ gun control bill into law
- Cuomo Signs Red Flag Gun Measure
- Gov. Cuomo signs red flag gun control bill
- What you need to know about NY’s newest gun-control law
- Niagara County Legislature unanimously votes to call for repeal of Red Flag gun seizure law
The special election for NYC Public Advocate will be this Tuesday.
Gotham Gazette has a list of the nearly two dozen candidates running in the non-partisan election. Because of the number of candidates one could win with a small plurality of votes. The office itself is vaguely defined and has little actual power, but can be used as a soapbox and springboard for higher office as Letitia James did. For this reason gun owners should make the best voting decision with the materials given.
Going down the list, vote AGAINST these candidates in order:
- Jumaane Williams – antigun ideologue
- Daniel O’Donnell and Ron Kim – voted for SAFE Act plus other gun control legislation in Albany
- Michael Blake and Latrice Walker – voted for gun control legislation in Albany
- Melissa Mark-Viverito – voted for gun control legislation in City Council
- Rafael Espinal, Ydanis Rodriguez and Eric Ulrich – voted for gun control legislation in City Council
Victory shall be defined as Jumaane Williams losing. He’s easily the worst of the bunch on 2A.
The rest of the candidates do not have public positions on guns that I’m aware of.
A signing ceremony/gun control rally will be held Monday at 10:00am at John Jay College, Gerald W. Lynch Theater, 524 West 59th Street, Manhattan.
— Hillary Harvey (@HillaryHHarvey) February 21, 2019
Ryan went all-in for gun control during his Congressional bid last year and his new website has this nugget:
“Pat has worked to elect Democrats across Ulster County, and has been an advocate on important issues like gun violence prevention.”
His GOP opponent has not been nominated yet, but anyone is preferable to him.